Business Sector: Machinery Distribution
Prepare Business Unit’s (BU) budget, in line with overall strategy, monitor/analyze performance and recommend actions to ensure BU’s growth and goals’ achievement. Drive Business Unit agenda to capture opportunities and highlight risks.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner up with BU heads to assess the business environment and lead the development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Exercise proper internal controls ensuring the integrity of the business operation.
- Manage the financial team effectively to ensure the preparation of high quality, accurate, and timely financial reports; highlight recommended actions to drive the business.
- Efficiently Manage the cash flow of the company by applying the set policies.
- Collaborate with external auditors to adhere to the applicable tax law and regulation.
- Guide the logistics team (procurement, clearing, custom agents, warehouse) to ensure efficient supply chain operations.
- Manage the inventory for capital and parts to ensure proper control, storage, and minimum stock level is maintained at all time.
- Oversee the work of the administration manager to ensure related tasks are properly carried out and people/leaders are supported accordingly.
- Ensure alignment of BU management team to take decisions regarding identified market opportunities and action plans.
- Help the COO in identifying trends, risks and opportunities pertaining to the BU, and suggest required action.
- Lead, coach, and develop own team members to ensure alignment with BU’s objectives, engagement, collaboration, and meeting business results.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
o Bachelor’s Degree in Finance; CMA/CPA is a plus
o 8+ years of experience in financial accounting roles of which 3 in managerial role.
o Experience in West Africa is a must; Industry exposure is a big plus.
o Commitment to corporate values and mission.
o Strategic focus with Hands-on approach, with high drive and passion for results.
o Solid Leadership, Change leadership, and Talent Development skills.
o Customer orientation, Interpersonal, Communication, Collaboration, and Influence.
o Strong knowledge of IFRS and GAAP; Good knowledge of financial modelling.
o Good knowledge of financial law and regulations.
o Extensive experience in ERP solutions.
o Strong Planning, Organizing & Analytical skills.
o Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to Manage tasks effectively.
o Proficiency in French & English Language is a must.