AFRI RH recruits an Advocacy Manager of an NGO
Roles and Responsibilities
The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the design, coordination and monitoring of the NGO’s malaria, sanitation, immunization, global health R&D (GHR&D) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) portfolios.
More specifically, the Advocacy Manager will:
- Update and manage the NGO’s malaria, sanitation, immunization, GHR&D and NTD programs’ strategies and logical frameworks, including clear outputs and indicators to monitor its implementation.
- Develop and monitor the programs’ timeline, strategies including milestones.
- Supervise the work of the NGO’s Program Officers working on malaria, sanitation, immunization, GHR&D and NTDs.
- Act as a focal point for program activities highlighted in the NGO’s project management tool.
- Lead on the implementation of the NGO’s Integrated Health Advocacy Approach in Burkina Faso and Senegal.
- Liaise with program officers and consultants to ensure the timely production of monthly and annual reports on issue areas including achievements, challenges and impact.
- Coordinate knowledge management efforts for sanitation, immunization, Global Health R&D and NTDs, including the identification of communications and advocacy tools and activity/impact documentation.
- Liaise and report to key stakeholders and donors to ensure alignment and regular communication on the NGO’s progress towards set objectives.
- Contribute to the NGO’s learning agenda with regular briefs and updates on the lay of the land.
- Support the implementation of the NGO’s programs as requested.
- Monitor and evaluate programs’ implementation to meet targets and milestones.
- A master’s degree in social sciences, public health, international development or similar fields is required.
- Proven experience in project management in areas such as public health and sustainable development.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%).
- Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
- Perfect command of English and French mandatory.
- Expertise in working with the media, including ability to draft opinion pieces, prepare media releases, brief journalists, promote stories, coordinate large-scale media drives, and effectively integrate social media into campaign strategies.
- Expertise in implementing advocacy strategies, including the ability to draft advocacy plans, prepare according action and monitoring plans.
- Ability to coordinate teams working in the implementation of public health and sustainable development projects.
- Ability to build genuine partnerships with civil society groups to ensure their expertise drives and determines the nature of our work.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with sub-national, national, regional and international partners such ministries, national programs, implementing partners and donor organizations.
- The drive and initiative necessary to take ideas forward to fruition in a coalition setting.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills and a high level of organization.
- Ability to work as a collegiate member of a small team, and with minimal supervision.
Job related information
- Based: Dakar, Senegal
- Reports to: Strategic Operations Director
- Type of position: Full time – Interim position for 6 months
To apply, please send your application to: email@example.com